Monday, June 20, 2011

Finally, an update

I'm not going to lie and say I finally have found time to blog. Honestly, spring semester was over mid-May, and after catching up on life, I could have been posting for the past month. It boils down to not being in the habit of doing this. I do want to share what I create with more people. Currently my creations are viewed by people in my real life, and here and there on Facebook.

At any rate, I'm going to commit to posting here every few days. To help me with that, I've decided to jump into a couple quilt-a-longs. First is the zig zig quilt at Cut to Pieces. I love the rainbow theme, but want my quilt to be used on our bed and Chad is not a rainbow kind of guy. I pondered a color scheme for a couple days before coming up with a patriotic quilt. Here's the fabrics I have for the quilt top:



Zig Zag Quilt-a-long Fabrics




I will be appliqueing stars on top, but don't have the fabric for it yet. I also need to figure out the back. Next post I will post scans of my sketches for the top and the back.

The other quilt I'll be making is Don't Call Me Betsy's kaleidoscope quilt. I just bought my fabrics today and will be using the purple colorway of 1001 Peeps. This one is all for me so I have to use my favorite color of course. :)

That's all for today. Tomorrow I'm planning on doing the cutting for the zig zag quilt, as well as some mending I've been putting off.

No comments: