Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I Hate Coming Up with Titles Some Days...

I'm just popping in to say 'hello'! I've been busy trying to fit in a little adventure, work on some projects, working, and getting ready for school to start, which was yesterday.

A couple weekends ago, Chad and I went to see the Blue Angels and all the other planes and jets at an air show. Or, as they call it here, the AirSho. My back had been hurting, so I wasn't up for walking around too much but missing out was out of the question. While he walked around to all of the aircraft on exhibit taking photographs, I camped out where we wanted to sit, sketched, and watched my surroundings.


Just sketching

I will have photographs to share, if they turned out, once I develop the film. Yes, we took all of our photos on film. I don't have the equipment to capture high-flying aircraft with digital, but I do have a couple lenses for my film cameras. I've talked before briefly on my thoughts on photography and may go in to it further in the future. Besides, I have other things I want to buy/save for than to spend money on a fancy DSLR. (Like art and sewing supplies and in the future, help pay for our dream home/farm.)

In other crafty news, I put together a muslin for a dress based on the Sorbetto pattern for Colette Patterns. The dress has a circle skirt and I want to add sleeves. My first muslin was a failure. Not a complete failure, but just doesn't work. I have some tweeking to do with it before I will be showing anyone other than Chad, or making it out of good fabric. One thing I'm thinking of scrapping is the circle skirt. So for now, I'm going to walk away from it for some time until I work out where I want to go with it (and frankly, have the time to fuss with it).

Now that school has started, I have to work out how to fit in everything else. I'm going to try to update at least once a week and hopefully have things to share, other than talk about homework and how annoying my fellow classmates are when they text the entire class period. I only have one studio class this semester, which is ceramics, so I should have stuff to show from that at least.

Until next time!

3 comments:

Cindy Sharp said...

Your sketch would be fun to turn into a mini quilt.

Toni said...

Good for you for making a muslin! I am always too impatient and waste my fabric. Good luck with your studies this semester!

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Hi, hope you don't mind having a new follower. I came over from the SBM at Lily's Quilts. Look forward to reading about all of the things you blog about. Those churches are gorgeous! Good luck this semester. :)
xo
Kelli