Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dead Simple Quilt A-Long

There will be more posts from WMSTR, but first I'm going to show the palette I picked out for the Dead Simple QAL hosted by Lily's Quilts. I know, I know, I haven't even finished the other QALS I've joined. However, I spotted the objects in the image I picked for my palette this past weekend and could not resist creating something with it. This is also going to tie into the Celebrate Color festivities going on at Stitched in Color, Wild Olive, and LuvintheMommyhood. I will post on that a bit more later. If you haven't checked out what they have planned, do so, if only for the great prizes they are offering.

Onto my palette. Here's my inspiration photograph:


Inspiration for my Dead Simple Quilt


And the colors I pulled from the photo.


Dead Simple Quilt Palette


I used Kuler in order to pull them. I highly recommend it, however, the only downside I have seen so far is that I'm not able to import it directly onto my computer. The file type it uses is not able to be opened by any program I have. Other than that, it was easy, and considering I'm not that computer literate, that's a huge bonus. There are other colors within the photo that I would include too, but five seems like a good enough number.

The QAL doesn't start for a little while longer, so hopefully I can plug away on the other quilts and projects that I have going. There are some changes to my priorities that I'm making in order to find more time to create.

Anyone else doing this QAL? I would love to see your palettes if you are.

No comments: