Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Few Things

I finished knitting this hat over the weekend and would have finished the gloves if I had not ran out of yarn. Seriously, I don't have enough to make up the thumb on the second one.

This hat is similar to the one I made for a baby. The difference is that the top is a little peaked. This wasn't intentional and Chad thinks it looks funny. I actually like it but will also be knitting up one with a rounded top. This is my original pattern as is the pattern for the gloves. But those are pretty boring as they are just basically a tube with a thumb. Once I get more yarn, I will probably make up a matching cowl for this set.

Onto the photos...


New Hat and Fingerless Gloves




New Hat




New Hat and Fingerless Gloves




New Hat and Fingerless Gloves

Miss Toni posted about a Christmas ornament swap earlier today. I decided to sign up and can't wait to start once my partner is assigned to me. It's being hosted by Lindsay Sews. If you're interested yourself, you have until Thursday to join in!

Thursday also happens to be the original deadline to get the written part of my presentation for school done. It has not moved to next Monday but I am going to try to get it done over the next couple days anyway. Then I have to photograph the pieces I'm going to talk about and put together a PowerPoint. I still haven't decided what I'm going to include for sure.

I took a little field trip this afternoon and will share it either tomorrow or Thursday. Depends on how I do on some deadlines I have going on.

Have a great day!

5 comments:

Sana Saroti said...

Oh Katie, this is the cutest head ever!

Allison said...

I'm so impressed that you made your own pattern! I like the pointed top to the hat also. Good luck with your pressentation :)

Toni said...

Katie, your talents amaze me!

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Love the hat, and gloves too! Beautiful. :o) Good luck with your presentation coming up.

Lauren Rose said...

Um, I LOVE the pixie tip of your hat! I think makes a hat, cute and sort of whimsical! I just finished a hat with a similar tip, actually. I called it my Peter Pan hat, haha. I hope you get some more yarn to finish the second one because I'd love to see it with a cowl! (and the second one with a thumb! ;) )