Saturday, December 10, 2011

This Past Week

Yep, my job kicked my butt all week long. You see, I usually get done between 10 and 11 at night. It's a little late for my taste, but I have to earn money too and do like my job. Because of some technology issues, I've had to stay there until 1, sometimes 2 in the morning. That means I slept in most days, waking up with enough time to get ready to either go to class or work again. I did miss class a couple days. Not really a biggie, as it's the end of the semester. I just feel like crap and hope that next week the issues have been fixed so I can go back to normal.

My point? Making anything has really suffered. I did get my ornament out in time, and really can't wait to share it with you. First I want to make sure my partner receives it. I love what I came up with and have plans to make more!

Other than that, I only had time to work on small, portable projects during my waiting time at work. That meant some sketching and a little embroidery. One embroidery project is a gift, so that will have to wait until I finish it. It's not a Christmas gift though (actually, it was supposed to be a wedding gift that was due a few months ago, oops), so who knows when it will be done.

Oh, and I did some brainstorming at work about what I could do with some stash items. I'm not really adding these to my Out with the Old list, except if that happen to be finished as an extra project. Just mentally assigning them to a project. Anyone else do this?

The first item I (finally) finished is this puzzle ball from Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts. I pieced it together at least a month ago, pinned it together, and then just let it sit by my machine. I knew if I worked on it at home I would have to keep pushing two dogs away from me. It was pretty easy to put together and I would make others in the future to give as baby gifts or something. This one is just for me though.


Puzzle Ball

These kits from Alicia Paulson are a long term project. I know there's no way I could finish them for this Christmas, so I'm going to set my goal for next year. I did just buy them recently, so it's not like they have been lingering in my stash for years. ;)

Longterm Project

My progress so far. The mitten is by far my favorite one and I could see making more of them in different colors. I also would love to knit mittens in this style too.


In Progress

This yarn was acquired from my local yarn shop on Black Friday. I bought it without really knowing what I wanted to do with it. I think I have settled on this cowl.


Yarn Stash

Another acquisition from Black Friday. My Joann's had a sample necklace made from it on the display, which is what I bought it for.


Yarn Stash

My ceramics class finished up and we had a little show and tell party on the last day. I took some photos of some pieces that I like the most, except for Cheeto, who needed his legs glued back on. I'm the one that broke them off though. I will share what he looks like glazed sometime next week.


Large Container




Ceramic Tile




Flower Vase

What are you working on this weekend?

3 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

The puzzle ball looks complicated to make. LOVE the vase; both the shape and the glaze. Hope work slows down for you.

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Your ceramics are beautiful, and those little ornaments look like fun! Hope the issues at work get resolved so you can start having a regular routine again! Happy Holidays!
xo

Krista Schneider said...

Cool stuff there at the end! Sorry to hear works been roughing you up, lol. Hope u feel better soon and get more time to craft! I've been working on my DP quilt this weekend, just added borders and basted it!