Monday, February 6, 2012

Sparkle Block

Last night while watching the Super Bowl, I managed to sew together one of the Sparkle blocks and trim the other HSTs. I was supposed to go with Chad to his sister's but I was trying to get as much done on my cyanotype project and couldn't just waste the first sunlight we've had in days. I had hoped to finish it, but I'm still exposing right now. It's overcast, which takes longer, but at least it's not foggy.

Anyway, here's my Sparkle. This is my first time working with directional prints in this way and I'm pleased to say that all of my points are as they should be. I'm going to spend a little time this afternoon sewing up the others and maybe even the whole top. Then all that's left is to baste, quilt, and bind!

First Sparkle Block Done

How is your Monday treating you?

4 comments:

stephmabry said...

oh I like this block! I have a bunch of prints that I've been afraid to cut into because they're so pretty (like 1001 peeps, and little apples) and I think this block would feature the bigger prints pretty well :)

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Love it Katie! Can't wait to see the rest of them, and the whole thing together. :o)
xo

Toni said...

Looking good, Katie!!

Diane-crewe said...

like xx