Wednesday, February 8, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Oh, hi, Wednesday. I wasn't expecting you to show up so soon. My grand plans for the weekend? Oh yes, that kind of went out the window. In order to get more sleep, I have been forcing myself to go to bed when I get home from work, even if it's only 9 pm, which cuts out my time to unwind and work on these projects. I do feel more rested though so I guess it's a good thing.

The other thing that is going to be affecting my spare time is taking time to visit Chad's father. The decision to start hospice care was made last week so we are taking advantage of any time to see him. Good thing the drive to see them is only a couple hours. I need to get together handwork to bring with me, that's for sure.

On to my weekly update. It's a beautiful day outside and I have some homework to get done before I can squeeze in a walk with my dogs.

Completed:

Nothing! So close on so many things though.

Progress Made:

Sparkle QAL - I had hopes for this one to be done. That is until I discovered that I sewed all of the points on one of the sparkles together wrong. So my extra time has gone to unpicking (which I almost dislike as much as trimming) and I haven't started to sew that one back together.


Sparkles... almost there!

No Progress:

Garter Stitch scarf

Dessert of the Month Club: January - I'm splitting these up into each month. This is going to be on my list all year. I'm determined to finish the first two months by the end of February.

Dessert of the Month Club: February

Drunkard's Path QAL

Sewing Machine Cover

Migration Blocks - Seriously, all I have to do is baste, quilt, and bind these.

Wedding Present (embroidered towels) - This is probably going to turn into a 1st year anniversary gift at this rate.

Kaleidoscope QAL

Zig Zag QAL

Tangerine Tango Challenge - My fabric has arrived! I just have to flesh out my design and get started. This isn't at the top of my list though because the deadline isn't for some time.

2012 Color Challenge: January - Even though I missed the deadline to link up for this (and win a prize...), I'm going to make my design anyway. Just need to find the time to concentrate on it.

2012 Color Challenge: February - Fabrics are supposed to arrive Friday. I may start playing with this one on Saturday or in the truck on Sunday.

Curves Class - Just started on Monday. I haven't checked the class blog for a few days but know the project I want to do from this week won't be posted until tomorrow.

For the Love of Solids Swap - I have solids and I have ideas. I need to sketch out some and post to see if my partner comments on my idea. Goal for that is Friday.

Made in Cherry QAL

Mouthy Stitches Swap - I want to sew up a couple options and see what my partner has to say. This is also a goal for this weekend.

Embroidery Journal Project: January - (Geez, I have a lot of year long things going on here!) I have a theme and supplies. That's as far as I am.

Embroidery Journal Project: February

Embroidered Ornament set

Mini QT Swap - I've been thinking of ideas.

Project Quilting Challenge: Music - Missed the deadline on this one too but still want to make my design. I just need more time each day. Sigh.

Project Quilting Challenge: Tools - The deadline is this Sunday. I have a couple ideas and just want to start playing with those. This may be a Friday project too.

Nesting Place class - Class starts Monday and I have all of my supplies. I do need to prep the fabric though and stretch it on my frame.

Nesting Place supplies

Hand Pieced QAL - I did pick out some fabrics for this. I found a couple of matching charm packs that I will be using along with a solid. I'm really anxious to start this but want to knock out some other things first.


Hand Pieced QAL fabrics

New:

Vest for Chad - This is so new that he just asked me about it an hour ago. I had thought I would get by this week without adding anything, but I can't deny this request. He has a specific style in mind and I found a base pattern that will work with some tweeking. We are planning on fabric shopping on Saturday.

I think that's it! I feel like I'm forgetting something but I really hope not. I think this is long enough, don't you think?

Linking up at Freshly Pieced. Have a great day!

4 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

love the colours xx

Erin @ MakeitSew said...

Good luck whittling down your WIP list!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

The list is getting longer, I think, Katie!!! So is mine. I know what you mean about unpicking. My last project.. I swear I spent more time unpicking than sewing!!!

Toni said...

Wow, Katie! You have so much going on! I would never be able to keep all these projects straight. Your progress is looking great so far, though.