Sunday, March 4, 2012

WIP Wednesday

If you were to look of the definition of 'burnt out' in the dictionary, you would see a picture of me. My spring break next week is coming at the right time, yet, I still want to spend it working on this list along with the projects I do have to do for school when we resume. Today, instead of working on any of my projects, I took a long nap. Much needed but I'm still tired.

What do you say we get on with it already. Linking up at Freshly Pieced as always.

Completed:

Nothing this week.

Progress Made:

Sewing Machine Cover - well I haven't touched this since Monday due to deadlines for my classes, but I have made progress since the last time I showed you.


Hexie progress

Tangerine Tango Challenge - since I didn't meet the contest deadline, this has taken a back seat again. I am this far with it though, and want to finish it up in the next week.


Strips

No Progress:

Garter Stitch scarf

Sparkle QAL

1912 Project: February Pattern

Quilt Challenge of the Month: February

(Late) Wedding Present

Nesting Place class

Dessert of the Month Club: January

Dessert of the Month Club: February

Drunkard's Path QAL

Zig Zag QAL

2012 Color Challenge: January

2012 Color Challenge: February

Curves Class projects

For the Love of Solids Swap - this is my "One Challenge, One Week" item and I pledged to have it done by Monday. Considering my mailing window is coming up, I do have to get it completed. This is my priority.

Made in Cherry QAL

Embroidery Journal Project: January

Embroidery Journal Project: February

Embroidered Ornaments

Mini QT Swap - I have nailed down my idea for my partner and will be working on it. I can't reveal too much since this is not a secret swap and I do want this to be a surprise for her.

Project Quilting Challenge: Music

Project Quilting Challenge: Tools

Project Quilting Challenge: Barn Quilts

Hand Pieced QAL

Typography Challenge

New:

I did know that all of these were going to be added at once. It's kind of a shock to my list, but also the nature of the year long projects I have going on.

Dessert of the Month Club: March

Wild Olive Swap - I signed up to swap a 4" embroidery piece in this secret swap. We are assigned a partner and they can supply us with their favorite colors and motifs. My partner was a bit lean on her information, so I will have to a do a bit of stalking to see if I can come up with something tailored to her. If you're interested in embroidery, but haven't heard of Mollie's blog, do check it out.

Quilt Challenge of the Month: March - the challenge this month is to make something with leaders and enders. I did have to look up what that meant and when I found out, am not surprised I didn't know what they are. I don't do a lot of chain piecing and haven't had issues when I do. I may make up a scrappy mini for this challenge and if done in time for it, submit it to the Scrap Attack link up later this month.

2012 Color Challenge: March - I just love the palette this month and have already ordered my fabrics for it. They are due to arrive on Friday, just in time to play with on my break. I have a plan too so no excuses.

Embroidery Journal Project: March

Project Quilting Challenge: It's Where I Live - this challenge is to create something based on where you live. There is a twist, which is you can only use three colors and to get those, you pick a color that starts with the first letter of the street you live on, the first letter of your city, and the first letter of your state. So that means I have colors that start with an F and two Ms. I could only think of fuschia, magenta, and maroon at first, but did a little search for color names. I didn't want to work with that palette for my piece and you will see why when I sew it up. So I'm getting a little creative with color names (like fire engine red instead of fuschia). Fortunately, embellishments don't count, so I can FMQ and embroider my heart out, which is my plan.

Since I do have a week off of school, I do have time to work hard on this list. Yes, I have some schoolwork to do, and partly it's because I have been slacking on one big project. I'm going to kick off my break by working on this list all day Friday until I go to work. That's going to mean not turning my computer on either to limit my distractions. I have enough projects going that I have no need to look up anything, lol.

I hope your Wednesday is going well!

5 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

If I didn't turn my computer on, I'd get SO much more done... LOL!!! Love the fabric for your sewing machine cover.

Krista Schneider said...

We have lives. Don't feel guilty for having other things to do, our lists will always have more things than we can get to, right?!

Krista Schneider said...

And I'm digging the hexie sewing machine cover :D

Lynette said...

I hear you on desperately needing spring break! Can't wait for summer when I can really sew. (I take the summers off from my degree work since the kids are all home.) I really love your hexies. Those fabrics are neat together.

Sana Saroti said...

Those reds you are using for the hexies are gorgeous! Please, also use you spring break to get a break from everything! No one needs a real burn out!!!