Sunday, April 22, 2012

Studio Saturday

I don't have much to update this week. I worked long hours both Thursday and Friday nights, so that ate up my free time on Friday and for today. All I managed really was to run errands and visit one of the art museums so I can write a couple papers for next week.

I did start one of my two projects for painting. It is going to be a large (about 5' x 4') painting. I only got the gesso on the paper as I forgot the actual paint at home, but I think that's a good thing. I popped in to the studio today to check on it and the paper has not flattened out. For my second project, I still need to prewash my fabrics before I start painting. I also want to pick up a plastic tablecloth to work on, so I'm hoping to get on that tomorrow.

No updates on sculpture. Unfortunately.

And in photography, I'm still deciding what I'm going to do with the images I've printed.

I have these three on muslin. I was going to use all three in one piece but stitching them down to a large piece of canvas, but my instructor wasn't fond of that direction. She told me I could still do it, but she didn't think all three were needed to "tell the story". I have an idea, which I really need to get to soon in case it doesn't turn out the way I see it in my head.

Photos on Muslin

And this one on a plastic sheet. I was thinking about adhering this to a saw blade, but looking at this, I really like the wood coming through. I may have to pay a visit to the secondhand building materials/salvage place...

Photo on Plastic

I really need to get busy on these projects. Final critiques for painting and sculpture are in a little over a week, with photography coming the following week. For now, though, it is time to get to bed to try to reset my sleep schedule.

No comments: