Sunday, April 22, 2012

Swap Items Received

The past couple days have brought much cheer as far as mail goes. I got my packages from my partners in the Mini QT Swap and also the Pretty Little Pouch Swap.

Our theme for the Mini QT Swap was movies. Both my partner and I were delayed in sending, so she has not received mine quite yet. Monday hopefully. I was patient and glad for it. Here's what Ellen sent me. The mini and a slew of goodies.


Mini QT Swap

I just love the Chicken Little story and her take on the popcorn falling on his head!


Mini QT Received!




Mini QT Detail

Because of the delay in mailing, I wasn't able to participate in the next round, which is probably a good thing since I have so much going on with school. I did have fun creating mine, which will be revealed once she gets it (I promise!), and will join in on this swap again, theme depending. I do like that partners are not secret here so you can create something really tailored to them. I've been running into quiet partners in the secret swaps that also have broad mosaics. It is fun with it being a secret too though.

Yesterday brought my package for the PLPS. Once I saw the name on the return address I knew who it was from. Lisa and I read each others blogs and it was exciting for me to see what was inside. I had commented on her fabric pull and was happy to see that she used it!


PLP Recieved

She also made a notebook cover and a little sheep ornament. The sheep is already hanging up on the wall.


Sheep Ornament




Front of Notebook




Back of Notebook

There are so many details that I love about this pouch. This isn't a shape I would have made for myself, but I can already see so many uses for it. I love the handle and that it is personalized.


Front of Pouch




Pouch Side




Other Side

The fabric may be a bit traditional for some but my tastes tend to gravitate there. French General comes up with some of my favorites lines so this was perfect for me! That's what matters in the end, after all.

Thank you again to both ladies! Lisa also nominated me for the Liebster Award, so thank you for that as well! This is the second time and so I will direct you here to see the blogs I nominated in return.

As far as swaps go, I may be limited myself for now. I haven't had horrible experiences, thankfully, with partners so it isn't that. I'm just finding that I have had to squeeze in time where there isn't much for them and since I don't like to half ass anything, especially for others, I haven't been meeting the deadlines so well lately. Swaps may just have to be for when school isn't in session.

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

The Chicken Little is such a fun mini quilt!!!