Wednesday, June 27, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Whew. I'm trying to settle into sort of a routine so that I can remain productive once my work schedule changes. I am just shy of my position change being official and will have less time at home to work on things. For right now, I'm working on getting all of my household tasks done during the week so I have the weekend to work on projects. Last Sunday was nice when I spent the entire day working on sewing related things, so that is probably going to be a regular thing.

This week I am linking up with Freshly Pieced.

Completed:

Secret Project - I can't show you what I made until voting is over, but I can tell you it was for the Little Quilt Swap on Flickr. If you have not heard of this one, you make a mini quilt of your choosing and then submit a photo to the group leader to be posted in anonymously. Then everyone who submitted a mini votes and they are awarded based on a points system. We then are given the address to send the mini to and you are suprised when you get yours in the mail. I will probably share mine when I receive my mystery mini.

Fern Lace Scarf - I just love this scarf and you can read more about it on the linked post.


Fern Scarf

Handprinted Fabrics for Swap - still have only received one of the four I am expecting. I mailed mine on Monday so I don't think anyone has got mine yet either.


Hand printed

Progress Made:

Hand Quilting Challenge - I have this in my quilting frame and will be working on it tonight after work (instead of knitting).


Ready to Hand Quilt

Cachou Cowl - I frogged this yesterday after realizing a fix I tried to make wasn't working. I was a little over halfway done with it, so this did hurt to pull out, but I wasn't going to be happy with it if I didn't. There was no way I was going to tink back to figure it out because it is all lace. I will be starting this again, hopefully between project 2 and 3 of Camp Loopy.

Camp Loopy Project 2 - I am knitting the Line Break shawl and am almost finished with the first section before short rows are started. I want to finish this section and put a lifeline in before I continue. Short rows are new to me so I will probably set this aside until tomorrow.


Line Break Shawl

No Progress:

Garden Tote

Garter Stitch scarf

Hand Pieced QAL

Sewing Machine Cover

Quilt Challenge of the Month: February/Cathedral Windows Apron

(Late) Wedding Present

Dessert of the Month: Jan-June

Drunkard's Path QAL

Zig Zag QAL

Kaleidoscope QAL

Embroidered Ornaments

Zakka Style projects

Curves Class projects

Ranrike Shawl

Dogwood Blossom Medallion Quilt

Reverse Applique Shirt

2-in-1 Sewing Challenge

Moderista Swap

New:

Piper's Journey Shawl - since I frogged my cowl I freed up the needles needed for this one. It will be an easy knit at first and one that I know I can set down for days at a time and no worry about getting lost in the pattern.


Piper's Journey Shawl

RATZ Swap: July (Needlebooks) - waiting on partner assignment

More Handstitched Class projects - I do want to do projects from the last lesson but also want to finish up the projects from class on my list already.

I think that is it for now. I have been trying to get better at finishing what I start versus starting new projects all the time.

See you soon!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I got my fabric in the mail today! thanks so much I love it!