Tuesday, July 17, 2012

FAL Quarter 3 Finish: Piper's Journey

Forgetting my camera yesterday seemed to have paid off. Today was slightly (only very slightly) cooler and overcast. I prefer to shoot photos on overcast/cloudy days so that the sun is filtered. Colors are true to life and there aren't any harsh shadows to deal with.


Piper's Journey


I drove the few blocks it takes to get to a dirt road and pulled over to take these. My allergies are acting up today so there is only one photo I liked of me wearing the shawl. It is smaller than I would like to wear around my shoulders so I settled on wearing around my neck.


Piper's Journey


The pattern is Piper's Journey by Paula Emons-Fuessle. My Ravelry project page can be found here. I will be making another one of these in a silk fingering yarn. I will be increasing the size a bit more for that one I think.

A very quick knit and the yarn is a dream to work with (Quince and Co Chickadee). I will also be using the Quince and Co yarns again very soon.

1 comment:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Beautiful pattern on the bottom edge of the shawl, Katie!!!