Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Little Quilt - Sew, Vote, Swap

I vaguely mentioned finishing a mini quilt a few weeks back but couldn't share what it was. It was for the Little Quilt - Sew, Vote, Swap group on Flickr. If you aren't familiar with it, you make up a mini quilt and it gets posted annoymously. Then after the submission deadline comes, everyone who entered a quilt votes, and points are tallied to see who gets what. You don't know which mini is coming your way until you open the package.


LQS Mini


I came upon this swap months ago but never had the time to whip up something until this past round. I had a lot of fun just playing with ideas and finally decided to use the mini charm pack of Simply Color I won in a giveaway. The solids are all Kona and it is backed with a mysterious (selvege is gone) fabric from my stash.


Close up of quilting


I have a small love affair with HSTs so that is how I approached this. I paired them up randomly and sewed them together. Then played with the arrangement until I liked how they looked. I decided to name this "Missing Pieces" because of the white areas. I quilted an outline on a couple of the prominent zig zags and then did straight line quilting in the white areas.


Backing LQS Mini


Yesterday I received the mini I got in the swap. This one was pretty high on my list so I was excited to see it in the package.


LQS Received




Backing


I plan on participating in this swap again in the future, time permitting. I think this is a great way to play around with ideas and get a little surprise in the mail. If this interests you too, check out the group. The next swap is slated to be around August/September.

3 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

what a lovelly idea x

Cindy Sharp said...

Hi you! I was in that swap too! Glad you joined us.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Sounds like a fun swap. I like both the one you made and the one you've received. I also think your shawl is looking great :)