Monday, September 24, 2012

Pedestrian Crossing Cowl

I finished this cowl a few weeks ago and finally got around to taking photographs of it. I've been waiting for a day with good lighting and even though it was brighter outside than I would have liked, I decided to work with it.

Pedestrian Crossing Cowl

The pattern is free on Ravelry and is called the Pedestrian Crossing Cowl. It was a quick knit once I dedicated time to it and used less than one skein of MadelineTosh Tosh DK. The colorway is Victorian Gothic, which is a purple washed over with black. I used some buttons that I have been saving for a special project and love that they go so well here.

Pedestrian Crossing Cowl

I did block it a little severely though so it is looser than I would like. I may block it again to see if it will shorten up some. This pattern is more of a fashion piece than one for warmth. Maybe in a heavier weight yarn it could be worn in one of our winters, but not this particular item.

My Ravelry project page is here.

No comments: