Monday, January 7, 2013

A Year of Lovely Finishes: January

I think I'm the last one to discover this new linky party that is being hosted by Sew BitterSweet Designs and Fiber of All Sorts. (And if I'm not, do check it out. Today is the last day to link up for January.) It's for sewing/quilting projects only, which should be a good kick in the butt for me to put the needles down every once in a while.

This month is all about the sweater I am test knitting. I made good progress on it over the weekend but still have a ways to go with it. I would really like to finish it next weekend so I can block it and let it dry for my company Christmas party the following Saturday. At any rate, I need to finish that by the 24th so I can give my notes to the designer.

DSC06889

Because of this, I am picking a smaller project to finish this month. I'm going to turn this stack of John Deere fabric and solids into a mini to replace one I'm using as a table topper. Chad has made comments about it being to girly (there is pink on it) so this one will be for him. Plus it will go better with the decor in our living room.

How about you? Are you joining in for this linky?

3 comments:

Cindy Sharp said...

Did you see the tractor "exhibit" in the Rose Bowl parade? It was amazing. Made me think of you.

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to picture a living room decor that goes with John Deere. =) Although, anything goes with green, right? I look forward to seeing what you make with these.

Allison said...

isn't John Deere Green the 2013 color of the year? :) can't wait to see your new table topper!