Monday, January 7, 2013

Finish-a-Long Quarter One

The Finish-a-Long returns for another year. This time, it's being hosted at she can quilt. And this time, I'm determined to finish my lists. Last year this turned into a list of projects I completely ignored.

I'm going to stick with five projects each quarter to link up. They will be a variety of things and really should be my oldest UFOs but may not always be the case. These are all photos from the last time I worked on them (with the exception of my DP quilt... I really need to find the time to photograph the top to share).

1. Drunkard's Path quilt - the top is finished, now to baste, quilt, and bind. If I do one step a month, this one will be finished in no time.

DP Blocks

2. Handstitched mini - one block is pieced and another is cut out, waiting to be sewn together. Ten more blocks after that, sashing, and then quilting.

Hand Pieced QAL

3. Driftwood - I'm about ten rows into this one. I think once I get started again it should fly off the needles.

Driftwood WIP

4. Sourwood Mountain - I have the cuff of one mitt done. I sort of pushed these aside once it got too cold to wear anything other than mittens or gloves. These will be perfect for spring though, so that is good motivation.

Sourwood Mountain WIP

5. Nesting Place needlebook - the class was over months ago but fortunately I still have access to the files. No reason why this was not finished as I am in love with the final product.

Nesting Place

This will be a good start. I eventually want to have only projects going that are a month or two old at the most. The only way to get there is to chip away at the lagging ones and slow down on starting new things. Easier said that done, right?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great blog and creations! LOVE that green!

Deborah Hamilton said...

You have beautiful projects there. I like to knit, too.

Leanne said...

These are wonderful. I love the knitting, especially your sourwood mountain mitts. I look forward to seeing you finish these, glad you are in the FAL.