Tuesday, January 1, 2013

To Do First: January

I took a break from this monthly to do list, which is the brain child of Charlotte from Lawson and Lottie. She was hosting a link up for it and I'm hoping that continues this year. My list is also in my planner and since I sort projects by type, I will do the same here.

Knitting

Must do:

1. Cora test - a beautiful cabled sweater that I am test knitting for the designer. So far so good, but ask me as the deadline (January 24th) gets closer. I actually would love to have this finished before my office Christmas party mid-month so I can possibly wear it to the party.

2. Joji Mystery Shawl - I'm a little hooked on mystery knits. All we know so far is that there is fringe and stripes involved.

3. Sermon Mystery - yep, another one. The yarn is still on its way to me. The mystery doesn't start until the 7th.

4. Itasa Stole - I've had this yarn and pattern for almost two years. I was intimidated by the pattern at first and made excuses as to why I shouldn't start. No more.

5. New Beginnings Mystery - yet another one. This one includes beads.

Yarn for January
 
Might do:

1. Mystery Sock - I don't yet have the needles and haven't ever knit a sock. I'm not sure if I will dive in right away, but I do at least have the yarn picked out.

2. Driftwood - this is a lingering WIP from 2012 that I really want to finish up.

3. May Day Shawl - I love the pattern but the yarn is kind of a PITA as it is mohair, silk, and silver thread.

Sewing

Must Do:

1. Proect Quilting - first challenge is this Sunday! I'm going to treat this like a homework assignment as it is my goal to finish them all this round.

2. Handstitched mini - the QAL is long over and I want to have mine as a finished object.

3. Kaleidoscope back - pieced using scraps from the front. Shouldn't be that much work I hope.

4. Baste Drunkard's Path - in an effort to take baby steps, this is my benchmark for this month.

5. Emerald challenge - much like the Tangerine Tango challenge last year, this one is based off of Pantone's color of the year. I didn't finish last year's (and still haven't... yet) but already have some ideas for this one.

Might Do:

1. Row QAL - this started last fall but I was planning all along to jump in late. This is will be solely made of scraps.

2. John Deere mini - Chad hates the mini that graces the side table in our living room because of the pink. I have enough fabric to make one that both of us will enjoy.

Embroidery

Must Do:

1. Nesting Place needlebook - I never meant to not finish this when the class was running so it tops the list for this month.

2. Edward Gorey Stitch-a-long - this runs until the end of March. My goal to is decide on the illustration to embroider and possibly pick up threads.

3. Woodland Sampler - the mysteries creep into this category too, he he. I have threads and linen for stitching.

Might Do:

1. Garden Tote - I have four motifs to embroider and then this will move into the sewing category.

2. Dessert of the Month - this is last year's mystery from The Frosted Pumpkin. I finally have all the supplies for it so I can dive in.

3. White on White - this is a motif I have been dreaming up. I have a wide assortment of white threads to build this up. More as I work on it.

How about you? Any project plans for the month?

No comments: